Coldwater is an Ohio-based engineering and consulting company that offers the benefits of a small company with the stability of a reputable firm: fewer layers of management, more autonomy in roles and decision-making, greater opportunities for growth, a more personalized career growth approach, tight-knit team, flexibility, transparency, and a strong sense of ownership. We focus on designing with nature, offering services that include stream and wetland restoration, green infrastructure design, stormwater management, environmental permitting, grant-writing, and watershed planning. Our team is filled with outdoor enthusiasts with strong passions for implementing projects that are ecologically sound while accommodating the built environment.
Current Job Postings:
JOB TITLE: PROJECT BIOLOGIST/ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENTIST
Coldwater is currently seeking an experienced project biologist/environmental scientist for our Galena and Columbus, Ohio offices to join our growing team.
• Performance-Based Accelerated Promotions
• Consistent Raises and Bonuses
• Flexible Hours
• Hybrid/Partial Remote Working Options
• You Choose PC/IT Equipment (Including Needs at Home)
• Coldwater Pays 80% of Insurance Premium
• Coldwater Pays 100% of Short and Long-Term Disability
• Coldwater Pays 100% of Vision and Dental Insurance
• Coldwater Contributes 3% into 401K Regardless of whether you contribute (upon eligibility)
• Generous training and conference allowances
• Ecological, biological, and vegetation assessments
• Surface water delineations
• Environmental permitting including CWA 404/401 and construction stormwater
• Planning and design of ecological restoration and green infrastructure projects
• Preparation of native planting plans
• Grant writing
• Project management
• Construction administration/management
• Minimum of a B.S. degree in biology, botany, environmental science, or related field
• Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) or ability to obtain within 3 years of hire
• Over 10 years relevant experience
• QHEI, HHEI, ORAM experience
• Ohio plant identification and general knowledge of Ohio environmental conditions, environmental current issues, and environmental history
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Self-motivated, organized and able to work independently
• Ability to travel and work outside for extended periods of time
• Previous experience interacting with clients
• Experience with ArcGIS and Microsoft Office
• Efficient use of technology to support remote/work from home activities is expected
The position will require occasional travel and field work, typically day trips in Ohio. The selected applicant will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience by working in various habitats across the state from the foothills of Appalachia to Lake Erie and everywhere in between. A valid driver’s license and a clean driving record is required. This is a full-time, permanent position after a 60-day probationary period. A background check will be required. Salary will be commensurate with experience and we offer a competitive benefits package. Coldwater encourages a work hard, play hard attitude and provides a competitive paid time off tiered system relative to length of tenure. Our expanding company provides growth opportunities to employees in support of personal and professional development and career advancement within a spirit of work-life balance and team comradery. Coldwater places a high value on cross training so employees can build skills important to all phases of a project from grant writing/management, assessment, deign, permitting, construction administration, post-construction monitoring, and client management.
Please provide a resume with contact information to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We asked our team members to tell us why they chose us and why they would recommend Coldwater as an employer. Here is what they had to say.
“Coldwater is genuinely a “quality first” enterprise and never sacrifices the end product over profit.”
“Coldwater views employees as assets and facilitates expansion of one’s professional capabilities through continued learning.”
“Coldwater is as savvy as any corporate firm but maintains the personality and values of a family-run business.”
“Our company operates as a team, with project managers who work with us, rather than just supervising/micro-managing.”
“We are encouraged to learn from and communicate with everyone in the company, including the owners.”
“Most of our offices are dog-friendly, which helps pet-owners with dog care throughout the day.”
“We share the same goals and work together to achieve them, without any internal competition.”
“The owners care about and take care of their employees.”
“Each team member has his/her own expertise and set of skills and the company culture is such that each team member’s contributions are valued and appreciated.”
Coldwater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a policy of non-discrimination on the basis of age, race, sex, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.